I bought an 8A Gearmatic Winch a few years back and have yet to try to mount it to my crawler. I have a ’59 JD crawler. Looks like it should. I Have a gearmatic 8A and the parts book and operating manual. The manual also covers the 8G. I have been able to get parts from a local JD. wanted parts manual or copy,info for winch gearmatic 8a on my jd crawler where i can find parts for restore thanks.
|Country:||United Arab Emirates|
|Published (Last):||12 December 2012|
|PDF File Size:||13.76 Mb|
|ePub File Size:||16.19 Mb|
|Price:||Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]|
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers. The clutch gearmatuc has a small hole in it that allows fluid to get behind the plunger.
Gearmatic 8 A project – JDcrawlers Messageboard
If someone were local to me and had an original part no pattern work involvedI could reproduce it. On to the next phase Last edited by Paul Buhler on Mon Dec 12, Them brake retainer discs are another story. These winches are very susceptible to moisture, that combined with years of leaking brake fluid can result in a rusted corroded mess.
You can find it at hardware stores. So basically a 12″x8″x2. No registered users and 4 guests. Use copper washers in lieu of the fiber washers on both sides of the hydraulic gland. Brett, if you wanted to pay them for it, they do sometimes make patterns for outside jobs. If not i may be able to stitch and lock the broken one back together but thats gonna be garmatic lot of work. So, that means no contractions! Wimpy winter so far.
Many of the tactics I used to dig deeper were from recollections of the various posts. The later controllers for the 19 used identical cylinders. Once off, I was able to use a drift from the inside, and get the bearing out of the drum.
I’m going to try and restore the winch on the crawler i got last month. Once you get these parts loosened or apart, the brake band should move more freely gwarmatic the drum. I soaked the actuator in brake fluid to get vearmatic working on mine. Still thinking about the inboard bearing. I tried the hacksaw spacer method 8x adjust the clutch, but found that my clutch is eccentric, as compared to concentric, meaning that it wants to drag causing the drum to engage and reel-in when it’s not supposed to.
I repacked it with grease, and it seems fine. I know i’ll be making parts as some are completed pooched. BTW, found our emails from when you rebuilt your winch. Not much snow here and the ground is still too squishy.
Gearmatic 8a winch rebuild
Very helpful individual when it comes to the gearatic winch. I’m currently at a go, no-go gap of about. There are almost certainly shops much closer to you though, the trick is finding them. I did have to look thru some of my old photobucket pictures to jog my memory I have an air chisel with a blunt end, an acetylene torch, and assorted blocks and big hammers to assist. We both had a good laugh.
The winch works great. Congrats on getting the side covers off intact. Yep, she’s been used and abused.
This was a fiddley process requiring a few cover installs and removals as I dialed in the correct gap. I was surprised to find that the last person had switched the brake side for the clutch side.
I have some new and repro parts available, let me know. From what I’ve read and from various comments, I need to remove the drum which can be fearmatic challenge.
All the steel work i know of is out of china. The will seal the bushing to the casting so the fluid does not leak from the reservoir. It has an adhesive back and comes in a rectangular shape.
Grarmatic from me, But is at the moment on a pallet in my garage now thanks to a couple of friends. I think Mr Data is behind the issue!